Sunday 14 March 2010

Mother's Day.

So today of course is Mothers Day. Whether you have a mother or not spend this day with someone.

Why did the world create a Mothers Day? This is the question I ask myself and my own mother all the time. Whether its Mothers or Fathers Day, we are given these days to show appreciation. These days are not forced on us to go and buy presents or flowers. These days are given to take the time and spend it with a friend or a loved one.
For the last couple of weeks in the lead up to Mothers Day, I have searched a number of times to find that individual perfect gift for my mum. What I finally came to realise while thinking about how much money I should put into the gift, (or whether I should just walk into town and buy her a gift set) is that at the end of the day all a mother really wants to hear is our thankyou's for everything they have done for us.
We can complain and say that they don't do enough, but at the end of the day they gave us life.

Even though, while you read this you may disagree and choose to go out and by your mother's or loved ones a present, don't forget the little word of 'thank-you'.

If any of you have struggled to search for the perfect gift, keep searching don't buy the same cliché gift, put thought into it. Even if is a Spa day out, or just a perfume, give the present thought and make it perfect from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment